Coating and drying
Sirio Wire can also provide salt coating or borax bathes for multiple wire lines after heat treatment or for one wire/rod wire in line with the drawing machine.
The coating bath consists of:
- An insulated stainless steel reservoir tank;
- A stainless steel working tank;
- A stainless steel cover to reduce heat loss;
- One vertical pump or propeller that brings the solution from the reservoir tank to the working tank;
- One heating system (either electrical or steam-operated) heating the solution to a temperature of around 95°C;
- One air wiping system reducing the drag out at the exit of the bath;
Our dryers are made using a stainless steel tunnel in which hot air (at approx. 150°C) is blown to dry the wire thoroughly.